"Through the years travel has been a main inspiration for my work, first the traditional simplicity and serenity of Japan, to my latest work incorporating the excitement and diversity of the colorful Southwest. Collage has always been important in my work, sometimes devoting myself exclusively to that medium. In my recent work, collage is secondary to painting. In my mixed media paintings I try to eliminate any attempt at literal representation. To create a non-objective work is to anchor sensitivity on a solid foundation, and it is always about relationships. Deliberate textures are achieved by building up the surface with paint, paper, fabric and polymer emulsion. Incorporating calligraphy as a design element as well as symbolism is evident throughout my imagery. Unity is achieved through juxtaposition of planes of color, surface texture and a recurring theme that weaves through my work."
- M.F.A. Painting 1980, University of Washington
- M.A. Art Education, 1959,
University of Washington
- Renton Art Festival, Honorable Mention
- Women Painters of Washington,Membership Show
- Eva Briggs Competition, Green Valley, AZ, 2nd Place
- WPW Abstracted Landscape Show, First Place
- Kitsap Arts and Crafts Fair, Best of Show
- Convention Center Exhibition, NW Collage Society
Art Festival, Best in Show
- Sidney Art Gallery, Port Orchard, 1st Place Mixed Media
- North Kitsap
Arts and Craft, Best in Show
- Shoreline Arts Festival, Purchase Award
- Sequim Arts Festival, 2nd
SELECTED SOLO, INVITATIONAL, JURIED AND GROUP EXHIBITION
- Tubac Center of The Arts, Tubac, AZ. 2011
- Rogoway Gallery, Tubac, AZ. 2010, 2011, 2012
- The White Show, Bainbridge Arts and Crafts, 2009
- The Gallery, Bainbridge Arts and Crafts, Marilyn Bergstrom New Work, 2008
- Washington State Convention Center, Art Happens Everywhere, 2007
- Eastside Fine Arts Exhibition, 2006
- Puget Sound Country Exhibition, 2006
- Dill & Spowze Gallery, Ketchum, ID 2005
Whatcom Museum-WPW 2005
- Invitational Collage Show Bainbridge Arts and Crafts, Bainbridge Island, WA. 2003
- Renton Summer Festival, Renton, WA. 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012
- North Kitsap Arts and Crafts, Port Gamble, WA. 2002, 2003, 2005
- Edmonds Art Festival, Edmonds, WA. 2002, 2003, 2010, 2012
- Arts West, Mother/Daughter Show, Seattle, WA 2001
- Nordic Heritage Museum, Seattle WA., 2001
- Snohomish Arts Council Invitational, 2001
- Gumps, San Francisco, Ca. Screen Exhibition, Ongoing
- Seattle Pacific University, Women in Print, Ireland and America, 2000
- Bellevue Art Museum Invitational Benefit, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Evergreen State College, Olympia WA. 1998
- Seattle Asian Art Museum, Collage Society, 1998
- North Seattle Community College, Printmakers of Puget Sound, 1995
- Mercer Island Arts Council, Mercer Island Gallery, l995
- Kirkland Art Center, Women Painters of Washington, 1994
- Runnings Gallery, Seattle, WA. 1991
- Washington State Capitol Museum, Governor’s Gallery, 1991
- Kobe, Japan, Women Painters of Washington. Invitational, 1997
- Voss, Norway, Summer Exhibition, 1996
Women Painters of Washington
- Santa Rita Art League
- Seattle Collage Society
- Allstate Insurance Company, Seattle, WA.
- AT&T Communications, Redmond, WA.
- Bank of America, Seattle, WA
- Bank of Tokyo, Seattle, WA.
- The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA.
- Grand Canyon Squire Inn, North Rim, AZ.
- GTE Corporate Headquarters, Bellevue, WA.
- Hyatt Regency, Bellevue, WA.
- Key Arena, Seattle, WA.
- KING TV, Seattle, WA.
- Mayflower Park Hotel, Seattle, WA.
- Microsoft, Bellevue, WA.
- Moss Adams, Seattle, WA.
- Northwest Hospital, Seattle, WA.
- Overlake Hospital, Bellevue, WA.
- Paine Weber, Seattle, WA.
- Puget Sound Bank, Seattle, WA.
- Sand Point Golf and Country Club, Seattle, WA.
- Sealand, Seattle, WA.
- Semiahmoo Company, Semiahmoo, WA.
- Swedish Hospital Medical Center, Seattle, WA.
- U.S. Bank, Seattle, WA.
- Westin Hotel, Bellevue, WA.
- Seattle University, Seattle, WA.
All artwork is the coprighted
property of the artist.